Owner at www.getknowsleep.com
I am a mum of two energetic boys and I know exactly what it feels to be an exhausted parent with a child (or in my case it was children) that just won’t sleep! It can feel totally overwhelming and the effects on the entire family can be beyond stressful.
I spent 2 years rocking, feeding, sleeping on the floor next to the cot, crying… the list goes on and on. I convinced myself that I would have to just put up with it.
When I discovered Baby Sleep The Night I was so blown away by its life changing results, that I knew I wanted to be able to help spread this knowledge to as many burned out parents as possible, this inspired me to dedicate my professional career to becoming sleep consultant.
My aim is to empower you to be able to confidently give your child, be they newborn or 6 or 7 years old, all the skills needed to ensure they are sleeping through the night and having great naps too.
As a certified Baby Sleep The Night consultant, personally trained by Karen Bramall, I am now able to help others make sleepless nights a thing of the past. With Karen’s extensive experience and in depth training I can now say that I totally understand sleep, and that’s exactly what I want to share with you.
I want you to be armed with knowledge and support, that will allow you to confidently show your child how to become an independent sleeper and bring back some balance and much needed sleep to your household.
My methods work for all types of families. After getting to know exactly what your situation is, and determine what factors are affecting your little one’s sleep, I will be able to provide you with a bespoke plan that works for your family, and I will be there to support and guide you along the way, on this exciting journey.
You don’t have to continue to push through your days, living in a sleep deprived haze. Sleep problems in babies and children are very common and CAN be solved. Even
better, if you do it once and do it right, they can be solved quickly!
Getting sleep back is possible, you just need to know how.
Check out some of my client testimonials below and details of the packages I offer.
Please don’t hesitate to call me for a free 15 min consultation to discuss your needs.
My partner and I always used to say that our 14 month old daughter was perfect… except that she didn’t sleep. People used to laugh at this but in truth it was not funny at all. If left to fall asleep in her crib she would cry, try to climb out, play with her bedding and just generally mess around. The only way she could fall asleep was if her daddy held her whilst she drank from a bottle. And this would take two hours and much crying, I kid you not. Then, once she finally fell asleep, she would wake every few hours and we’d have to attend to her. It got to the point where the whole family was run down with exhaustion and very unhappy.
I contacted Shelly in desperation after our daughter started getting much worse and I realised that this wasn’t something she was going to grow out of. Shelly arranged an initial consultation where she met the baby and got to talk with us and set up a plan. She is such a lovely person and she has experience with sleep problems herself – it was really nice to chat with someone who understood our struggle and the impact it was having on our family.
Shelly wrote a personalised sleep plan for us to follow and it worked. The first night the baby fell asleep, independently, in FOUR MINUTES. I was absolutely flabbergasted. The results of the sleep plan were insane. There was a point where it was a bit tricky but we stuck to the plan and got through it.
That was six weeks ago. Last night my partner and I were watching our daughter falling asleep peacefully on the baby monitor from the comfort of our living room. She was chatting happily away to herself and then just fell asleep. Six weeks ago I would never have thought that would happen in our house. I said to my partner then that we have an awful lot to thank Shelly for and that’s why I’m writing this review today.
Hiring Shelly Terry was without doubt the best thing we have done for our daughter. Reading reviews about her service beforehand, I was extremely sceptical about all the claims that these troubled babies start sleeping well and settling themselves within a few days. BUT IT’S TRUE. Our daughter is happier and isn’t run down, tired, grumpy and always catching colds like she used to.
She sleeps better at nursery too. We parents are able to have stress-free evenings and a good quality of sleep at last. Working with Shelly has been a joy and she has made our family happier. I would recommend her to everyone in a similar position to ours – it won’t sort itself out, children don’t “grow out” of bad sleep habits but you can get all the help you need from Shelly.
Lauren, Mum to Orla 14months, Poole UK
As long as you stick to the carefully designed plan I believe you cannot fail.
We saw results as early as the third night.
Since starting the plan our Ruby eats better and sleeps 11-12 hours uninterrupted every night!
Changed the quality of everyone's life in our family massively.
Luke, Dad to Ruby 9 months, Thailand
We did Shelly’s sleep training program for newborn stage and again at 11 months. I have only amazing things to say and highly recommend this for all parents! Because of our initial start with the newborn sleep training, we learned so many tips that helped us along the way.
Friends and family would comment all the time on how amazing it was that our son slept so well that early on. I suggest getting a head start on sleep training from the beginning and we plan to do so again with our next baby. As the first year went on, our son continued sleeping well during the day but was still getting up in the night wanting a bottle. We went back to Shelly for help and within one week he no longer needed night feeds! Sleeping is a skill and we learned the strategies to help him learn to self sooth to sleep. Within 10 days, we had a baby sleeping 7 to 7 all night! She also helped us prepare for daycare when he would need to readjust his sleep schedule.
Shelly went above and beyond with her communication and was there for us every step of the way! She explains everything so clearly and calmly, that even sleep deprived parents of a newborn can understand.
We tell everyone about sleep training and how waiting for things to get really hard doesn’t have to be the case, start from the beginning how to help your baby learn to sleep.
Thank you soo much Shelly, your program is a game changer, we cannot say enough great things about it!
Laura mum to Gareth 11 months, Canada
Husband: (to wife) My Dear, if you could wish for anything, what would you wish for for Christmas this year?
Wife: (wistfully and fighting back a yawn) If I could wish for anything, it would be for a guaranteed 8 hours sleep…
And this is how we came to meet and work with Shelly Terry. She was like our blessed Christmas Fairy.
We came to Shelly having had not so much luck achieving solid sleep for what felt like an excruciating amount of time.Our daughter, who was 11 months old, seemed to have developed a need to be soothed and settled by one of us up to, at worst, 15 times in a night.We were flailing and needed some direction and support to correct the negative sleep associations.
From our very first conversation with Shelly she was supportive, understanding and hugely positive and confident that she could correct our current sleepless situation.Even though we began the program on Christmas Eve, Shelly was one hundred percent there with us every step of the way (Even on Christmas Day!)
Shelly devised a bespoke routine for us to follow and it worked like a dream- excuse the pun but there are no other words for it- Shelly was able to guide us into the blissful and deep sleep we so desperately needed and our daughter took to the routine so very, very well.
It was reassuring to know that Shelly was always only a call away- but with our daughter responding so positively to the new way of sleep, it meant that, as parents, we knew we were doing the right thing.
Shelly’s communication and inter-personal skills were exactly what we needed- she’s an excellent sleep mentor and it has really worked wonders for our family. Without a shadow of a doubt, I would one hundred percent recommend Shelly to anyone considering seeking advice from a Sleep Consultant.
I did get my Christmas wish, and it is all down to how brilliantly Shelly worked with us to guide us to make the right changes and create positive sleep associations for our daughter.
Thank you ever so much Shelly- you really have been our Christmas Fairy!
What a life changing experience! I was sceptical having tried many different approaches previously from a variety of books and the web and had just settled with the idea that my husband and I are both bad sleepers so we have obviously produced children who are too. Shelly changed all of this for the better. She devised two personalised plans to suit our children and explained them thoroughly to us, enabling us to ask any questions needed. She empathised with our situation and was extremely supportive and positive the whole way through. She made it clear the importance of consistency which we adhered to and it all really paid off.
We went from spending up to 3 hours every evening getting our children off to sleep to putting them to bed and them getting themselves off. This was something we only ever dreamed would happen. Our 3 year old now goes off to sleep within 5 minutes and our 18 month old has gone from needing, milk, a dummy, rocking, singing to and music throughout the night to popping in her cot and she happily gets herself off to sleep and has slept through every night since starting the plan.
I would highly recommend Shelly. She is approachable, explains things clearly and tailors the plans to your children and situation. She is very knowledgeable and offers a high level of support and positive praise throughout and after the process. All of our lives have been transformed, we have an evening every evening and SLEEP! And our girls are now getting their much needed sleep. This is all thanks to Shelly. Anyone who is having troubles with their child sleeping needs a Shelly!
Ramona, mum of Isla 3yrs and Elsie 18mnths, Poole.
After 11 months of no more than 4 hours sleep at a time I was ready to try anything. I had previously tried controlled crying and other more gentle methods and nothing had worked. We were cosleeping and were still having between 4-10 wake ups a night. It’s a cliche, but I just thought that he was too strong willed and that nothing would work.
I was put in touch with Shelly and she instantly made me feel like I wasn’t alone and lots of other people were in this situation too. The plan that I was given was suited to our situation and Shelly explained it step by step. The phone support each day was invaluable and made sure we stayed on track. I had plenty of chance to ask questions and make sure I knew what to do in different situations.
My son became poorly part way through the two weeks support and Shelly was great in offering support and advice as to what we could do to make sure we kept making progress. The night wakes reduced from the first night and we had our first full nights sleep within a week. We’re now 4 weeks in and my son sleeps 11 hours a night. This from a boy who hasn’t slept more than 4 hours in a row his entire life.
Now I just need to sleep through and we’ve got it cracked!
Thank you so much for everything Shelly!
From Shan, mum of Jack 11mnths, Bournemouth.
Thank you Shelly from the bottom of our hearts for helping us teach Evelyn and Rowan how to sleep. I was at my wits end, living on next to no sleep or any time off in the evenings to do work or have a break as Evelyn was waking every 45minutes for comfort and both Rowan and Evelyn were taking up to 2 hours or more to get to sleep in the evening. Both children will now typically sleep 7-6, YIPEE!!!!!! It has changed our lives having evenings together and getting sleep and now my husband and I feel so much happier. Evelyn herself is even happier and has so much energy now she is getting the rest she so needs and Rowan seems well rested and content.
The support and understanding you have given us to get us through the transition into this was perfect, when we needed to sound off ideas or tell you we were struggling you were able to talk it through and get us back on track and we really did appreciate it. You were clear and took your time to explain every single part of their sleep plans to us and how important each step was.
I am so grateful that you have given me back some much needed sleep so I am now the fun Mum I always wanted to be. I am loving life now, thank you, thank you, thank you.
From Christianne, very happy mummy of Rowan 4yrs and Evelyn 15mnths, Devon.
One-to-One Sleep Solutions Package
This is the most popular package, and consists of:-
- A preliminary evaluation. This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll fill out prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together).
- A private, 90 minute consultation in the comfort of your own home, or via Skype/FaceTime or telephone, where we’ll discuss strategies, troubleshoot possible problems and learn how to address bedtime, naptime, nightwakings or any other specific issues you might be dealing with.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan, that I will prepare for you after the conclusion of our meeting.
- Four follow up telephone calls during the first week following the consultation. These follow-up calls last about 15 minutes, and we’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of e-mail support. After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of e-mail support where you can email me once daily, excluding Sundays I will always aim to reply to your queries within one working day.
The total cost for the One-to-One Sleep Solutions package for a baby or toddler in a cot is £245 by Skype/Facetime/Phone. If your child is in a bed this package is £265 due to the complexity of the plan.
Face to face consultations are available within a 30 minute driving radius of Poole Dorset (further distances can be accommodated with additional travel expenses– please call for details)
New-born – Get it right from the Start Package
This is a comprehensive training plan helping parents of new-borns train their little ones to have fabulous sleep skills from a very young age and can be implemented from day one! Getting an early start in establishing healthy sleep habits is a huge advantage for both babies and their parents. With this package, you will learn everything you need to teach your baby to be an independent sleeper right from the beginning. It is a fantastic gift package for new parents too and consultations can take place before or after the baby has arrived. (gift certificates available and can be posted direct to the lucky couple if required) It consists of:-
- A private 60 minute telephone or in-home consultation. We will discuss how to establish a healthy sleep plan for your new-born, discussing sleep needs, schedules for feeding, naps and bedtime, how to help teach your baby the difference between day and night, creating the right sleeping environment, strategies to encourage sleep, when to expect your baby to be sleeping longer stretches, and common sleep issues that can be easily avoided.
- A detailed sleep plan. If you are expecting, the gentle, caring techniques in your sleep plan will teach you how to create an independent sleeper from day one, and will give you a flexible guide to quickly bring some routine, when baby arrives, to a time of your lives which can otherwise become quite overwhelming. If you baby has already arrived, your sleep plan will be fully customized for your family.
- One follow-up phone calls. If you are following a sleep plan from the beginning then you will find your baby is naturally developing wonderful independent sleep skills, you may find you have some questions so we will schedule a telephone call within 2 weeks of the baby’s birth just in case (if you are expecting) or within 2 weeks of consultation (if you already have your baby at home). These calls typically last about 15 minutes.
- Two follow-up e-mails I will give you my personal email address so you can email me on two occasions with any questions or concerns any time within the first 3 months of your baby’s birth or our consultation. After 3 months you can purchase another week of email support at any time should you need it .
The total cost for the New-born – Get it right from the Start Package is £125 By Skype/Facetime/Phone
Face to face consultations are available within a 30 minute driving radius of Poole Dorset, (further distances can be accommodated – please call for details)
It is not uncommon for babies and toddlers who have been taught to be great sleepers to ‘test the boundaries’ from time to time. This option is for parents who have met with me in the past, but are looking for a ‘refresher’. This is a popular option for past clients who have recently had a new baby – or who are expecting in the near future. It consists of:-
- A private, 60 minute consultation, usually by phone or by Skype, during which we’ll use to discuss any particular challenges you are having with your child. Since we’ve already worked together, a full hour is usually more than enough time to cover all your questions and concerns.
- Optional 2x follow-up emails that you can use to send me any additional questions that might come up as you get things back on track. I’ll aim to respond to your email within one day.
The total cost for the Refresher Package 60 minute consultation is £95, with 2x optional emails £115
This personal support package is for those who want me at your home (in the Hampshire area) for assistance on the night you choose to implement the program. Further distances can be accommodated – please call for details. This consists of:
- A preliminary evaluation This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll complete prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together.)
- 15 minute phone consultation to discuss details of the overnight support- time,requirements etc.
- Private In-Home/Overnight Support I will join you prior to your child’s recommended bedtime and stay overnight until 7:00 am the next morning. The consultation will take place in the comfort of your home and we will begin your journey to great sleep together.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan This will be prepared for you after our consultation and after the nights stay so you have your own personalized plan to help guide you through the upcoming nights.
- Four follow-up telephone calls Four phone calls, typically lasting 15 minutes, can be scheduled for the first week following the consultation. We’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of e-mail support After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of e-mail support if any questions arise. You will have my private e-mail address and I’ll respond to your emails within 1 business day
The total cost of the Overnight Package is £895
Available within a 30 minute driving radius of Poole Dorset, (further distances can be accommodated – please call for details)