Kathrine Ashbridge BA (HONS), P.G.C.E., BWY DIP, CBH DIP, SMRB Dip
Hi, I’m Kathrine and I am going to give you the help you need to get your child sleeping through and your family’s life back on track.
A huge well done for taking the first step and acknowledging that you need help – you have overcome the first hurdle, which is often the hardest.
I have been where you are now and experienced severe sleep deprivation with both of my sons. My eldest son, Jack, is severely autistic with OCD and challenging behaviour. Jack is still a poor sleeper even with medication to help him sleep but that is the nature of autism. Then I had my youngest son, James. I am serious when I say, if he had been my first child, he would have been an only child! James just didn’t sleep and I was desperate for help. All that I got from reading baby book after baby book was feelings of failure; that I wasn’t good enough, that I wasn’t doing things right. I spent several evenings in tears not knowing which way to turn for help. I really wish that I had known that there were such people as sleep consultants at the time I would have gladly taken the help. All in all, I experienced 16 years of sleep deprivation and whilst they impacted every single aspect of my life, what I did learn was empathy. I understand what you’re going through and how exhausted you are. The choices we make just to get some sleep. At my lowest point, in a sleep deprived state, I recall not wanting to go to bed even though everyone was asleep because in just a few hours’ time I was going to have to start all over again and wondering how I was going to get through the next day.
I decided to train as a sleep consultant to take all my existing skills and qualifications and channel them into what I see to be an extremely meaningful service for families. There are too many mums out there feeling as I did, and I want you to know that you don’t need to normalise it and you don’t need to suffer any longer from feelings of exhaustion and all the side effects that come with that – together we can transform your situation.
With me, you’re getting more than just a baby sleep consultant; I am passionate about wellbeing and truly believe that, if you do not make time for your wellness, you will be forced to make time for your illness. I have a BA Hons degree in Human Communication and Communication Disorders with Linguistics, I hold a diploma as a British Wheel of Yoga teacher, I’m a qualified Deep Tissue Therapeutic Massage Therapist and am training to be a Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist as well as completing a Diploma in Stress Management and Resilience Building. In a nutshell, everything I am trained and experienced to do is focussed on managing and reducing stress and anxiety and allows me to make differences to people’s lives by helping them on their wellness journeys.
I bring this passion and experience to my role as a sleep consultant – I will use my expertise to help you get you some much needed you time back. Can you imagine being able to leave your partner in charge of bedtime? Well with my help this will soon be a reality.
I will be there to support you each step of the way on your journey through calls, emails, Zoom and even WhatsApp. I have a 100% success rate with all my families who have followed my sleep plan to the letter and I can help you too.
The first 15 minute initial consultation is free, so you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I look forward to speaking to you soon, stay safe and well
Phone: 07960 785425
My partner and I first got in touch with Katherine when our daughter was 9 months old. She was not a great sleeper and seemed to be sleeping less and less during the night. The nights became so long and it was very exhausting trying to function during the day let alone care for and spend quality time with our baby.
We had our own little night routine which would involve us putting our little one up to bed in our bedroom around 8PM and she would fall asleep whilst breastfeeding, we then had to transition her to her own cot and would sneak out of the room, head down for a quick meal and before we knew it we would back upstairs comforting a very unsettled niggly baby. This continued all night and this is just something we couldn’t continue doing as it was having a negative effect on all of us.
I had heard about sleep consultants/coaches before and not for one minute did I ever think I'd have to go down this road myself. I was a bit skeptical at first as I thought what can they possibly do to help her sleep at night when they won’t be here? Not to mention the guilt that I felt at the thought of putting her in her own bedroom.
We contacted Katherine and I thought even if she can help us to get a couple of hours sleep during the night that would be great, I made the call and we spoke for 75 minutes on the phone I felt like I had known her for years by the end of our call, Kath was so warm and friendly. She asked me lots of questions from the delivery of our baby to her personality and traits now. This was a bit like therapy for me, what Mum doesn't like talking about their children? I felt instantly reassured and somehow a bit more optimistic. Kath and I spoke on a zoom call later that week and from this call, Kath went away and put together a person-centred sleep plan for us to follow. We both agreed that we would stick to every detail of the plan as we were determined to give this our best shot and wanted to be fully committed.
The night came where we were making the transition for our little one to go into her own bedroom. I had planned to be sat on the landing all night long so had some snacks and a book at the ready. We followed our new little routine to the exact detail and at 7PM we kissed our girl goodnight and left the room. My partner and I stood outside her bedroom anxious and anticipating having to go back into her to reassure her and settle her back to sleep but this wasn’t the case. We followed the advice and timed her crying and before we knew it she had settled herself to sleep with nothing but a little snuggle teddy. Not a bottle or dummy insight.
Kath checked in with us the next morning to see how things had gone and later that week made regular calls to check in and offer any further advice. I was so excited to tell anyone and everyone who would listen that our little girl slept for 12 hours in her own room without so much as a peep.
We are extremely grateful for all the work Kath put in putting our plan together and later by checking in and just generally being on hand for all our questions.
Katherine is a very warm, and professional person and made us feel at ease from the beginning, she has helped us more than she will ever know and we are extremely grateful for everything she has done and the support she continues to show us.
I couldn't recommend Katherine's skills enough, anyone who is struggling and feels they have tried everything then I would say don’t hesitate to contact Kath. My only regret is that we didn’t do this sooner.
From Macalla and Colin with 9 month old Reeva
So everyone tells you, you never have two the same ... well ours have been identical! Our first beautiful daughter didn’t sleep through the night until she was 4 years old and our second daughter was heading the same way at 13 months, the thought of going through it again was just a nightmare!
Through lockdown working from home with two children whilst my husband was out at work all day, with very little sleep, well you can imagine! So I reluctantly reached out on Facebook and a friend recommended Katherine! It’s been a hard couple of weeks but thanks to the support and sleep plan put together by Katherine, we have our life back! Sounds drastic but honestly our daughter sleeps 12 hours a night it’s a game changer!
Everyone has commented on how settled she is of a day and we now get to enjoy our beautiful little girl! Thank you so much, you really don’t know how much this means to us.
From Lucy and Dave with Ada 12 months
Kathrine is a conscious, professional sleep therapist and I couldn’t recommend her more highly. I was struggling as a ‘newly become’ single mum, Kathrine was empathetic and kind, supporting me through every step of the process. At times when I doubted and struggled, Kathrine was reassuring, my daughter Delilah has been sleeping through the night now for a few months, and I couldn’t be more grateful of this huge improvement to her sleep, but also mine.
From Kirsty with 9 month old Delilah
Kathrine was great. So supportive and reassuring and got our son to sleep through the night. The plan was clear and explained well. Very happy with our experience, would highly recommend
From Laura in Canada with three year old Cole
One-to-One Sleep Solutions PackageThis is the most popular package, and consists of:-
- A preliminary evaluation. This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll fill out prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together).
- A private, 90 minute consultation in the comfort of your own home, or via Skype/FaceTime or telephone, where we’ll discuss strategies, troubleshoot possible problems and learn how to address bedtime, naptime, nightwakings or any other specific issues you might be dealing with.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan, that I will prepare for you after the conclusion of our meeting.
- Four follow-up telephone calls during the first week following the consultation. These follow-up calls last about 15 minutes, and we’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of e-mail support. After your five follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of e-mail support where you can email me once daily, excluding Sundays I will always aim to reply to your queries within one working day.
The total cost for the One-to-One Sleep Solutions package is £250 by Skype/Facetime/Phone.
All Areas Covered via Video Chat. Face to face consultations are available in Merseyside and Cheshire subject to availability.
New-born – Get it right from the Start PackageThis is a comprehensive training plan helping parents of new-borns train their little ones to have fabulous sleep skills from a very young age and can be implemented from day one! Getting an early start in establishing healthy sleep habits is a huge advantage for both babies and their parents. With this package, you will learn everything you need to teach your baby to be an independent sleeper right from the beginning. It is a fantastic gift package for new parents too and consultations can take place before or after the baby has arrived. (gift certificates available and can be posted direct to the lucky couple if required) It consists of:-
- A private 60 minute telephone or in-home consultation. We will discuss how to establish a healthy sleep plan for your new-born, discussing sleep needs, schedules for feeding, naps and bedtime, how to help teach your baby the difference between day and night, creating the right sleeping environment, strategies to encourage sleep, when to expect your baby to be sleeping longer stretches, and common sleep issues that can be easily avoided.
- A detailed sleep plan. If you are expecting, the gentle, caring techniques in your sleep plan will teach you how to create an independent sleeper from day one, and will give you a flexible guide to quickly bring some routine, when baby arrives, to a time of your lives which can otherwise become quite overwhelming. If you baby has already arrived, your sleep plan will be fully customized for your family.
- One follow-up phone call. If you are following a sleep plan from the beginning then you will find your baby is naturally developing wonderful independent sleep skills, you may find you have some questions so we will schedule a telephone call within 2 weeks of the baby’s birth just in case (if you are expecting) or within 2 weeks of consultation (if you already have your baby at home). These calls typically last about 15 minutes.
- Two follow-up e-mails I will give you my personal email address so you can email me on two occasions with any questions or concerns any time within the first 3 months of your baby’s birth or our consultation. After 3 months you can purchase another week of email support at any time should you need it .
The total cost for the New-born – Get it right from the Start Package is £100 by Skype/Facetime/Phone
All Areas Covered via Video Chat. Face to face consultations are available in Merseyside and Cheshire subject to availability.
The RefresherIt is not uncommon for babies and toddlers who have been taught to be great sleepers to ‘test the boundaries’ from time to time. This option is for parents who have met with me in the past, but are looking for a ‘refresher’. This is a popular option for past clients who have recently had a new baby – or who are expecting in the near future. It consists of:-
- A private, 60 minute consultation, usually by phone or by Skype, during which we’ll use to discuss any particular challenges you are having with your child. Since we’ve already worked together, a full hour is usually more than enough time to cover all your questions and concerns.
- Optional 2x follow-up emails that you can use to send me any additional questions that might come up as you get things back on track. I’ll aim to respond to your email within one day.
The total cost for the Refresher Package 60 minute consultation is £95.
The OvernightThis personal support package is for those who want me at your home (within a 30 minute driving radius of the Wirral) for assistance on the night you choose to implement the program.
This consists of:
- A preliminary evaluation This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll complete prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together.)
- 15 minute phone consultation to discuss details of the overnight support- time,requirements etc.
- Private In-Home/Overnight Support I will join you prior to your child’s recommended bedtime and stay overnight until 7:00 am the next morning. The consultation will take place in the comfort of your home and we will begin your journey to great sleep together.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan This will be prepared for you after our consultation and after the nights stay so you have your own personalized plan to help guide you through the upcoming nights.
- Four follow-up telephone calls Four phone calls, typically lasting 15 minutes, can be scheduled for the first week following the consultation. We’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of e-mail support After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of e-mail support if any questions arise. You will have my private e-mail address and I’ll respond to your emails within 1 business day
The total cost of the Overnight Package is £600. Please call for details.