I was introduced into the world of sleep consultancy when my little girl taught me what sleep deprivation felt like. I was at my wits end - emotional, unorganised, cotton wool brained, irritable but still wanting to do the very best for my little girl and support her the best I could. I contacted a sleep consultant and I can honestly say that I owe my life, my sanity and my relationship to that wonderful woman! The phrase “not all heroes wear capes” definitely applies to the sleep consultant who supported us and transformed my little girls sleep.
I quickly decided that I wanted to support as many people as I possibly could, in the same way that we had been supported. I signed up to Karen’s training course and hey presto! Here we are.
I love supporting children and their families, it has been the focus of my career to date. I offer a unique background with a degree in teaching and years of experience in family support and child counselling.
If you would like to hear the words “welcome to the sleep club” - a phrase that I now use with my clients, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
I’ve always loved my sleep and when I was pregnant other mums always joked about the lack of sleep... I laughed off at the time. I quickly realised after my little boy was born that sleep deprivation isn’t a laughing matter.
I was told ‘he would grow out of it’ but we were approaching his second birthday and still surviving on 2 hours sleep. Honestly, it was hell and I had to do something about it as we were all so miserable going through the daily motions just to survive another day.
This is when I reached out to Emma. I have to be honest, I was sceptical in the beginning as we had tried every trick in the book to help our little boy sleep and I didn’t think anything would ever work!
Emma was compassionate, reassuring and worked out a plan that we were comfortable with. Within 2 weeks my little boy was sleeping and we haven’t looked back since. I would highly recommend Emma, she is worth every penny and more and we can’t thank her enough for getting our ‘mummy & daddy’ time back and helping us all enjoy our evenings again."
I contacted Emma via Facebook, she was very helpful and supportive from the first contact. When we booked in for our initial call I explained to Emma that my husband is profoundly deaf, she went above and beyond to make sure he fully understood everything and was happy to repeat anything we were unsure about.
Emma was very supportive and always there to help at every contact, she was fantastic and has completely changed our lives. My daughter's sleep pattern is now perfect for using the wake windows.
We went from having Lucy in our room and awake to settled in her own room. We are a very happy family thanks to the help given. I honestly can not recommend her enough. Just because you are struggling does not mean you're doing anything wrong or that it can't be easily fixed. Thank you so much Emma!
Toni, Matthew & Lucy (age 6 months)
One-to-One Sleep Solutions PackageThis is the most popular package, and consists of:-
- A preliminary evaluation. This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll fill out prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together).
- A private, 90 minute consultation in the comfort of your own home, or via Skype/FaceTime or telephone, where we’ll discuss strategies, troubleshoot possible problems and learn how to address bedtime, naptime, nightwakings or any other specific issues you might be dealing with.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan, that I will prepare for you after the conclusion of our meeting.
- Four follow-up telephone calls during the first week following the consultation. These follow-up calls last about 15 minutes, and we’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of e-mail support. After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of e-mail support where you can email me once daily, excluding Sundays I will always aim to reply to your queries within one working day.
The total cost for the One-to-One Sleep Solutions package for a baby in a cot is £295 by Skype/Facetime/Phone. If your toddler is in a bed this package is £295 due to the complexity of the plan.
Face to face consultations are available on request on Isle of Man.
New-born – Get it right from the Start PackageThis is a comprehensive training plan helping parents of new-borns train their little ones to have fabulous sleep skills from a very young age and can be implemented from day one! Getting an early start in establishing healthy sleep habits is a huge advantage for both babies and their parents. With this package, you will learn everything you need to teach your baby to be an independent sleeper right from the beginning. It is a fantastic gift package for new parents too and consultations can take place before or after the baby has arrived. (gift certificates available and can be posted direct to the lucky couple if required) It consists of:-
- A private 60 minute telephone or in-home consultation. We will discuss how to establish a healthy sleep plan for your new-born, discussing sleep needs, schedules for feeding, naps and bedtime, how to help teach your baby the difference between day and night, creating the right sleeping environment, strategies to encourage sleep, when to expect your baby to be sleeping longer stretches, and common sleep issues that can be easily avoided.
- A detailed sleep plan. If you are expecting, the gentle, caring techniques in your sleep plan will teach you how to create an independent sleeper from day one, and will give you a flexible guide to quickly bring some routine, when baby arrives, to a time of your lives which can otherwise become quite overwhelming. If you baby has already arrived, your sleep plan will be fully customized for your family.
- One follow-up phone call. If you are following a sleep plan from the beginning then you will find your baby is naturally developing wonderful independent sleep skills, you may find you have some questions so we will schedule a telephone call within 2 weeks of the baby’s birth just in case (if you are expecting) or within 2 weeks of consultation (if you already have your baby at home). These calls typically last about 15 minutes.
- Two follow-up e-mails I will give you my personal email address so you can email me on two occasions with any questions or concerns any time within the first 3 months of your baby’s birth or our consultation. After 3 months you can purchase another week of email support at any time should you need it .
The total cost for the New-born – Get it right from the Start Package is £125 By Skype/Facetime/Phone
Face to face consultations are available on request on Isle of Man.
The RefresherIt is not uncommon for babies and toddlers who have been taught to be great sleepers to ‘test the boundaries’ from time to time. This option is for parents who have met with me in the past, but are looking for a ‘refresher’. This is a popular option for past clients who have recently had a new baby – or who are expecting in the near future. It consists of:-
- A private, 60 minute consultation, usually by phone or by Skype, during which we’ll use to discuss any particular challenges you are having with your child. Since we’ve already worked together, a full hour is usually more than enough time to cover all your questions and concerns.
- Optional 2x follow-up emails that you can use to send me any additional questions that might come up as you get things back on track. I’ll aim to respond to your email within one day.
The total cost for the Refresher Package 60 minute consultation is £95, with 2x optional emails £125
Follow up support callWe understand that sometimes life gets in the way and things such as jetlag, changes to sleep environment or the arrival of new siblings can throw your little one's routine. This 30 minute call can be used as a refresher to get your child's sleep routine back on track.
The total cost for the Follow up support call is £40.
Initial ConsultationThis call is always the first step in each of our plans. By purchasing separately you will have the opportunity to ask questions and find out more about our methods before you fully commit. The cost will then be deducted from the total price of your sleep plan.
The total cost for the initial consultation is £10/Free if you make a booking.