Before becoming a Mum, I honestly believed the term ‘sleeping like a baby’ and while babies can approximately sleep for 18 hours a day that was unfortunately not my reality.
Like so many other first-time parents, I diligently attended baby classes, read all the books and gratefully listened to the wise words of friends, family and medical professionals. I was optimistic and assumed I was well prepared. However, when my baby didn’t sleep as I had expected I was riddled with guilt, confusion, anger, upset as well as being totally exhausted.
At five months old, my baby was in a vicious cycle of short naps and long periods of wakefulness during the night. This pattern had an undeniable impact on our entire family and the mental wellbeing of us all. So, I took the brave step to seek help.
Within 3 nights of our sleep journey my baby was sleeping 12 hours, and napping in his cot. The transformation was phenomenal. The euphoria was life changing. Those feelings [guilt, confusion, anger, upset] instantly melted away and I had renewed optimism and passion for helping others in similar situations.
In my experience no number of books or classes can really prepared you for the reality of being a parent and the journey it entails. Every baby is different and there are no one size fits all approach. Helping babies settle into patterns of independent sleep requires time to pause, reflect, assess and understand why and how.
My approach involves working closely with you and your family to understand the best method to support you and your little ones get a peaceful and content nights sleep. Every plan is individually created, easy to follow with daily support and coaching to get you on the path to restful sleep easily and quickly.
Please see my packages. It starts with only one step...let's have a chat and see how we can work together on your child’s sleep ♡
Before working with Emily, we were really struggling with the chaos of daytimes, failed nap attempts and an overtired and really cranky baby.
Breast feeding to sleep was starting to fail and I was spending hours of the day walking Olive around in the pram, for 20 minute naps here and there. Cot naps were not a thing.
It was exhausting and not sustainable. Also very one sided pressure on the mother with trying to breast feed to sleep. Working with Emily has been life changing.
Now at 7 months old, Olive is now consistently sleeping for 2 x 1.5 hours- 2 hour naps in the day in her cot and sleeping 7-7 through the night without waking. About a month after sleep training Olive went through a sleep regression and Emily went above and beyond to stay in touch and support us through that.
Now, Olive settles herself to sleep every time and if she wakes during nap or nighttime she resettles herself. Both of us can easily put her to bed now, which allows me to go out for a meal with friends while dad handles bedtime!
Most importantly, Olive is so much happier and calmer and barely ever cranky. Would recommend Emily to all of my friends.
Parents to 7 month old Olive
One-to-One Sleep Solutions PackageThis is the most popular package, and consists of:-
- A preliminary evaluation. This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll fill out prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together).
- A private, 90 minute consultation in the comfort of your own home, or via Skype/FaceTime or telephone, where we’ll discuss strategies, troubleshoot possible problems and learn how to address bedtime, naptime, nightwakings or any other specific issues you might be dealing with.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan, that I will prepare for you after the conclusion of our meeting.
- Four follow-up telephone calls during the first week following the consultation. These follow-up calls last about 15 minutes, and we’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of e-mail support. After your five follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of e-mail support where you can email me once daily, excluding Sundays I will always aim to reply to your queries within one working day.
The total cost for the One-to-One Sleep Solutions package for a baby or toddler in a cot is £295 by Zoom or on the phone. If your child is in a bed this package is £310.
All Areas Covered via Zoom. Face to face consultations are subject to availability.
New-born – Get it right from the Start PackageThis is a comprehensive training plan helping parents of new-borns train their little ones to have fabulous sleep skills from a very young age and can be implemented from day one! Getting an early start in establishing healthy sleep habits is a huge advantage for both babies and their parents. With this package, you will learn everything you need to teach your baby to be an independent sleeper right from the beginning. It is a fantastic gift package for new parents too and consultations can take place before or after the baby has arrived. (gift certificates available and can be posted direct to the lucky couple if required) It consists of:-
- A private 60 minute telephone or in-home consultation. We will discuss how to establish a healthy sleep plan for your new-born, discussing sleep needs, schedules for feeding, naps and bedtime, how to help teach your baby the difference between day and night, creating the right sleeping environment, strategies to encourage sleep, when to expect your baby to be sleeping longer stretches, and common sleep issues that can be easily avoided.
- A detailed sleep plan. If you are expecting, the gentle, caring techniques in your sleep plan will teach you how to create an independent sleeper from day one, and will give you a flexible guide to quickly bring some routine, when baby arrives, to a time of your lives which can otherwise become quite overwhelming. If you baby has already arrived, your sleep plan will be fully customized for your family.
- One follow-up phone call. If you are following a sleep plan from the beginning then you will find your baby is naturally developing wonderful independent sleep skills, you may find you have some questions so we will schedule a telephone call within 2 weeks of the baby’s birth just in case (if you are expecting) or within 2 weeks of consultation (if you already have your baby at home). These calls typically last about 15 minutes.
- Two follow-up e-mails I will give you my personal email address so you can email me on two occasions with any questions or concerns any time within the first 3 months of your baby’s birth or our consultation. After 3 months you can purchase another week of email support at any time should you need it .
The total cost for the New-born – Get it right from the Start Package is £125
All Areas Covered via Zoom. Face to face consultations are subject to availability.
The RefresherIt is not uncommon for babies and toddlers who have been taught to be great sleepers to ‘test the boundaries’ from time to time. This option is for parents who have met with me in the past, but are looking for a ‘refresher’. This is a popular option for past clients who have recently had a new baby – or who are expecting in the near future. It consists of:-
- A private, 60 minute consultation, usually by phone or by Skype, during which we’ll use to discuss any particular challenges you are having with your child. Since we’ve already worked together, a full hour is usually more than enough time to cover all your questions and concerns.
- Optional 2x follow-up emails that you can use to send me any additional questions that might come up as you get things back on track. I’ll aim to respond to your email within one day.
The total cost for the Refresher Package 60 minute consultation for a baby or toddler in a cot is £95 by Zoom or on the phone. If your child is in a bed this package is £125.
The OvernightThis personal support package is for those who want me at your home within covering North London, West London, East London, Essex & Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, for assistance on the night you choose to implement the program. Please enquire with your specific address.
This consists of:
- A preliminary evaluation This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll complete prior to our meeting. (Having this information in advance helps us make the most of our time together.)
- 15 minute phone consultation to discuss details of the overnight support- time,requirements etc.
- Private In-Home/Overnight Support I will join you prior to your child’s recommended bedtime and stay overnight until 7:00 am the next morning. The consultation will take place in the comfort of your home and we will begin your journey to great sleep together.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan This will be prepared for you after our consultation and after the nights stay so you have your own personalized plan to help guide you through the upcoming nights.
- Four follow-up telephone calls Four phone calls, typically lasting 15 minutes, can be scheduled for the first week following the consultation. We’ll use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
- One week of e-mail support After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of e-mail support if any questions arise. You will have my private e-mail address and I’ll respond to your emails within 1 business day
The total cost of the Overnight Package is £850 for North London, West London, East London, Essex & Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire. Please enquire with your specific address.